Friday, April 18, 2014

The last day

Keukenhof Garden
7 million bulbs of colorful beauty. This is one of the reasons I came to Amsterdam.  I will say it was perfect timing too. The Garden opened on March 26, which is when the bulbs started to peek through the soil, and will stay opened until May 6th, when the last bit of color will say "so long" until next year.  
I've learned a lot about tulips on this trip from how to plant them, to how to keep them longer in water, to how to force a winter when you want them to bloom. 

Now, trying to fit all of the love gifts I purchased into the extra suitcase I brought is going to be a challenge, but not to fret my loved ones, remember I'm a Tetris genius.
 
We just finished the last dinner with our new friends. It feels like the last day of summer camp when when everyone goes home to different places, exchanging addresses, and pledging that you'll stay in touch, all the while secretly you know you will never see them again. I'm thankful for the time together and wishing them safe travels and happy lives. 
Goodbye my dear Amsterdam, I bid you farewell and I will see you again. 
Thank you for a nearly
 perfect half-century birthday!!

Love you bunches, I'll be back in time for Easter.
Mom/Cyn 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed your call this morning. I tried to face book you back as soon as I picked up your message knowing I probably would not make connection.
    You farewell sounded bittersweet however it is good to leave on a good note. The "tulips" and" Hyacinths", dogwood all the flowers were awesome. I got a pot of yellow tulips tonight from Diedrich's. I couldn't help but think of you. Looking forward to a long visit and conversation about your trip. We are leaving April 28 for AZ for 4 days. Sallie is grave. Hope we make it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!!! So glad your trip was everything you wanted it to be. Thank you for thinking of us and getting us love gifts... Or are those just for the grand kids now?! LOL! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete