Thursday, April 17, 2014

Didn't do a damn thing today.

After the minute to minute running around time that we've had since we got on board it's been really nice not to do anything today. They had an excursion this morning, but it didn't look very fun so I didn't go. Instead, I stayed on board and learned how to play backgammon. Then we had a nice lunch with some more friends that we've met. Everyone on this trip has been to soooo many places, no one wants to hear about anywhere in the Caribbean that I've been or even all over the USA for that matter. Oh well, this Redneck Sally O'Maley can build a fire, whistle with my fingers, drive a large motor home AND set it up all by herself. I can fix my toilet, hang a shelf, put together a desk, reverse the doors on my refrigerator and dryer, cook a former meal, bake and decorate a wedding cake, sing at the wedding, and move a piano. I AM woman (Superman😉) hear me roar!

We'll be in Rotterdam tonight, where my great grandmother left her country...and her mother and family...never to return again. It's funny (not ha ha funny, but strange funny) that I'm a little ashamed that I don't even know her name. All I remember is my mom and Aunt Ginny just called her Grandma Smith. I'm wondering if she was as wacky and crazy as their daughter...my grandma. Seeing the mothers and daughters and sisters on this trip puts a smile on my face and a tear in my eye. I WILL be making this trip with my children someday...it is important. 

Love you! 

Mom/Cyn

2 comments:

  1. I love days like that! Just breathe it all in. Who taught you how to play backgammon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have wonderful memories to carry on forever. You are my redneck daughter that learned all those wonderful things you do/have done from someone in this family? Wonder who that was? Stand tall and be proud. The friendships you have formed on that trip may be ones that last forever too! Love you
    Cynthia and will be happy when you get hope. MOM

    ReplyDelete