Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My name is Sally O'Malley and I like to.........

I Kick, Stretch and Kick and I'm 50 years Old!!!

Our "wonderful" wifi won't allow me to upload one of my favorite SNL videos of all times...so in my honor, please Youtube Sally O'Malley and watch the video!!!!!!   

To my very special daughter who put together one of the best gifts of all time, "Thank you from the bottom of my heart and the top of my soul!"  Your card was perrrrrrrfect  I did indeed laugh, reminisce, and cry (sometimes all at the same time)!

I can't tell you how special my 50 memories were to me.  Each person who participated share so many memories with me, I'm overwhelmed with the warmest, coziest, most lovely feeling in the world; LOVE!

I've really only had two birthday parties.  One was when I was 7 (I think) and we lived in Champaign, Illinois, and we played musical chairs, and outside on the swing set, oh, and we probably had cake and ice-cream (that I can't remember for sure).
 
This birthday started with a family party at Cami's house surrounded by my children and grandchildren, and my son in law smoked a great meal just for me!

 Then my trip that I've dreamed about for so long. I got a towel cake and 50 red tulips!!! 


Reading 50 memories from so many of you was simply mindblowing.  Thinking about it still today brings tears to my eyes.  I'm going to make a book out of all of them when I get home.  

Thank you, each of you have played such an important part of molding me into who I am today.  The whole reason I'm in the Netherlands, Holland is because of my grandma who I truly got my crazy-wacko-ness from but also the soft, gentle, caring love, of children.
  
Thank you everyone for the good, the bad, and even the ugly.  The physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual.  
The whole me!

2 comments:

  1. Thought about you yesterday! Sounds like you enjoyed your day-- and your letters!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked all your letters and notes! And, so happy that you got to live your dream by traveling to this distant place to celebrate your birthday. XO

    ReplyDelete